- At what age can my child participate?
- When do new classes start?
- How large are the classes?
- Why aren't there classes with different age groups?
- How long does the course run? How long are the lessons?
- We would like to take a demo class. Is that possible?
- In which districts does Little Music Makers® offer courses?
- How much does the course cost?
- Is it possible to attend the course without the course material (songbook and CD)?
- What happens if we already have the CD and songbook from an earlier course?
- Can siblings also participate?
- How can we sign up for a course?
- Do lessons also take place during holidays?
- Is it possible to join a running course?
- Is it possible to make a reservation for a specific course?
- How many music collections are there?
- Do you also offer courses during summer holidays?
- What shall I do if my child is sick?
- Can grown-ups other than the parents come to class with the child?
- What should we bring to class?
- Is it possible to bring a guest child?
- Can the children eat and drink in class?
We offer courses for newborns to 4 years of age. Ideally your child should be at least 4 months old when the course starts. If your child is younger than 4 months or older than 4 years please do not hesitate to contact us. Siblings can be brought along from birth on.
New classes start every January, April and September.
The number of participants ranges from 4 – 12 families.
All children benefit from mixed age classes - older children as well as younger ones. Our approach is based on scientific research from music education and early childhood development as well as well as our own teaching experience over the past 10 years. Mixed-age clases provide a rich learning environment: Babies are often fascinated by older children and imitate them. Older children enjoy helping and sharing with younger ones. Shy older children benefit from being a role model to little ones. Another advantage of mixed age groups is that the parents compare their children less with others - therefore there will be less expectations and pressure on how the children should behave in class. For families with more than one child another advantage is obvious: They can all participate together.
Our courses run over a period of 10 weeks. One lesson lasts 45 minutes.
We currently offer our classes in Hamburg Blankenese, Eppendorf, Lokstedt, Neustadt, Ottensen and Wandsbek. More locations will follow. There are also classes in many Berlin districts as well as in Potsdam.
The price for one child per semester is 150 Euros. It also includes a songbook and a CD. The participation of a sibling aged 10 months or older costs 85 Euros. Therefore, the cost for a family with 2 children is 235 Euros. Siblings under the age of 10 months can participate for free.
Our CD and songbook are not optional, rather they form the basis of our concept. Using the course material at home contributes to deepening the class experience of your child.
In this case it is not necessary to purchase the CD and songbook again. The course can be booked at the reduced price of 120 Euros for one child and 205 Euros for two children. It is, however, required that the family already participated earlier in the respective course.
You are welcome to bring siblings to the class. Children younger than 10 months can participate for free. The fee for siblings older than 10 months is 85 Euros.
You can register by email, phone or through our website under the menu item “Classes / Course Plan / Registration”.
During summer holidays we do not offer any lessons. Courses take place during autumn and winter holidays. During Easter holidays we usually do not hold any lessons either.
Yes - provided the course still has spaces available.
We can add you to our mailing list to inform you in time before our registration period and demo lessons start. Courses always start in January, April and September.
Little Music Makers® has 6 different music collections that we named after colours. This means 2 consecutive years of musical education without repetition. Our collections are called Blue, Orange, Green, Pink, Yellow and Red.
No, we currently do not offer courses during the summer holidays.
Please do not attend the course if your child is sick. We offer two make-ups per semester for these cases.
Your child does not necessarily have to come with a parent. Other grown-ups may come along. Additional accompanying adults such as a babysitter, aunt, uncle or grandparents may also come along every once in a while.
Comfortable clothes and for some locations “stopper socks”.
You are welcome to bring a guest child. We would appreciate it if you could let us know by email in advance - if possible. The cost is 8,50 Euros per lesson/child. Please pay the fee (please bring correct change) directly to the teacher.
Please make sure that your child has eaten and drunk before the lesson. However, if your child needs some food or something to drink please go outside in order to not disturb the lesson. In many of our classrooms eating and drinking is not allowed.